It’s a major task for any marketer to develop marketing strategy for an organization with a goal to drive new business and act as a catalyst for growth of the company. In a fast paced environment, decision making in marketing is critical right from content creation to website designing as it impacts the branding of the company. Following are the five factors which could act as guidelines when you are faced with making such decisions:
- Look at the bigger picture – sales cycle for any enterprise software company takes between 2 to 12 months on an average, marketers work creatively and consistently to nurture prospects until they are sales ready. It is important to have a control over finances whether its the spree over the customer acquired to revenue loss as well as product damages, product un-subscription and product downtime
- Metrics driven marketing – the first step towards a metrics centered organization is to define the marketing activities and channels to promote, which in turn generate the leads. Whatever marketing paradigm you may follow – inbound marketing or outbound marketing, everything has to recorded into the CRM. This will later help you grade leads too. The second step is to optimize your website for better visibility and ranking. Accurate keywords have to be tagged with forms and landing pages to capture leads in all marketing activities and channels promoted
- Use metrics to align sales and marketing – companies track metrics to see the traffic, engagement level and conversions. But these metrics should also be used to enable collaboration between the sales and marketing teams to achieve a single goal and work together for the progress rather than working in two different modes
- Analyzing the metrics data – data which is provided by the analytics has to be analyzed to check if the selected marketing channel is doing well and if not why? Check the current trends of marketing either quarterly, monthly or by channels
- Experiment – every month or quarterly experiment with new marketing channels for your lead generation process and set up an analytics model to compare and assess results on the leads generated and analyze when these leads can be get converted into opportunity. If the invested channel is getting results, then invest more in that particular channel
The factors mentioned help an organization see the bigger picture of its business, is the company brand awareness reaching the right target segment if not necessary steps can be taken to reach the target audience. It also helps in analyzing new trends in the market and quickly adopt those to beat the competition. All these aspects can help a company grow profitably and exponentially!
Feel free to leave your thoughts with us via comments below.
Thanks for reading. Viral Millionaires University is an Elearning Platform with practical instruction courses that can implemented in the real world. VMU also provides several Income Opportunities for Affiliates and Partners to earn a substantial income by recommending our courses and programs to others. You can Learn More Here.